- To submit nominations, please complete the Nomination Form.
SAVE THE DATE FOR THE 10TH PLENARY
September 17-19, 2014 at the Tampa Convention Center (333 S Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602)
- Tentative Agenda: Plenary Session begins on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 12:00 noon (ET), and ends on Friday, September 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm (ET). The Board of Directors/Management Council meeting times have not yet been confirmed. However, the following options are under consideration for the Board of Directors/Management Council meetings:
- 12:00 noon (ET) on Tuesday, September 16, 2014.
- 8:00 a.m. (ET) on Wednesday, September 17, 2014.
- Travel Informationhttps://www.idecosystem.org/sites/all/modules/contrib/extlink/extlink.png) 100% 50% no-repeat;">
ABOUT THE IDENTITY ECOSYSTEM STEERING GROUP (IDESG)
The National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC), signed by the President in April 2011, states, “A secure cyberspace is critical to our prosperity.” This powerful declaration makes clear that securing cyberspace is absolutely essential to increasing the security and privacy of transactions conducted over the Internet. The Identity Ecosystem envisioned in the NSTIC is an online environment that will enable people to validate their identities securely, but with minimized disclosure of personal information when they are conducting transactions.
The Identity Ecosystem Steering Group (IDESG) has been established as a new organization led by the private sector in conjunction with, but independent of the Federal Government. As a key stakeholder and active participant in the Identity Ecosystem, the government has funded Trusted Federal Systems, Inc., through a competitive grant, to provide technical, administrative and operational support for the Identity Ecosystem Steering Group. After a period of initial Government support, the Steering Group will soon be establishing a self-sustaining structure capable of allowing continued growth and operational independence.
In addition to the Secretariat, the Steering Group consists of two bodies, a Plenary and a Management Council, with mutually supporting roles and dispersed decision making responsibilities. Additional details available here.